Saturday, January 7, 2012

Finding Rest in God

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. -Psalm 62:5

One of my favorite things to do is rest on the weekend. After a long week of going and coming, trying and doing, I just want to put my feet up. But what happens when we can't enjoy our time because our mind is still racing and our soul is still pacing through thoughts and to do lists. What do we do when we haven't slowed down in years and life is so overwhelming because of the enormous weight of everything that bogs us down?

The Lord gives us instructions for this... to find rest in God alone. Surrendering our hectic life for peace and rest may mean we have to cut away some useless things from our lives.

Allow the Lord this day to speak to your heart to provide rest for your soul.


© 2012 MLMichaels

No comments:

Post a Comment