Monday, January 23, 2012

Pure Joy

" Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." --James 1:2-3

I was speaking with a family member the other day talking to them about how my life has been going for the past couple of years. Truly the changes that have happened have taken me aback. Before I had everything I would ever need, but inside I felt insecure and anxious. Now I am limited with resources, yet inside I am certain and joyous in the midst of my need.

I depend moment to moment on God, whereas before I would count on Him only when my feathers were rumpled and I wasn't getting what I wanted.

Trials are going to come. The verse didn't say one trial, but many kinds of trials. Trials can leave us with the feeling that we have been left or forgotten by God. But that isn't true. God allows trials in order to help us grow to become more like Him.

We can recall Romans 5:3-5:

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. "

© 2012 MLMichaels

No comments:

Post a Comment